Friday 26 August 2022

Godcollider

Here's another Indecision Records release that I picked up when I visited Indecision HQ a couple of months back. Like a lot of the records I got from Dave, I hadn't heard this band at all, but it actually came out a few years ago (in 2018 to be precise).

Godcollider is a Los Angeles band who play a kind of slow, metal hardcore sound, which has some dudes in who have been in some other well known bands from the past (Suicide File, Hope Conspiracy, Darkest Hour, Narrows). I decided to pick up one of these due to both the cover art and the colour of vinyl, both of which look kinda cool right?

Even four years later, it feels like this record flew totally under the radar. There isn't much at all about this band online anywhere, the record is still in stock on both vinyl colours, and even the test presses that were up for sale sat in the label's store for years. Why this band has received so little attention I am unsure, although I did find out that they are currently in the process of recording some new songs, so perhaps things will change on that front.

I did also pick up a test press of this one, because it was very cheap, and you know how it is. A cheap test press should never be ignored.

I wasn't overly into this one at first. I did find it quite slow and dull. But at some point a couple of weeks ago it kinda clicked. I've been doing a spot of painting lately and listening to music all day, so a lot of the new records I have picked up in recent weeks got a lot more play, and this one made its way onto the daily playlist, so I'll definitely be interested to see what happens with the new songs.

No comments: