Sunday 21 August 2022

Down In The Street

It was only a couple of years ago that I listened to the first Annihilation Time LP for the first time. After listening to their other records for years, I had ignored the first one because a friend told me somewhere around 2006 that it wasn't very good. How wrong I was. The first record is fantastic. So when Fred Hammer pressed up a limited 7" with two songs from the demo, I grabbed one immediately. In a lot of ways, this probably doesn't need to exist, as it just contains demo versions of two songs from the first full length. But this is another example of Fred going crazy with the packaging, to the point where it feels like it may as well just contain a blank plastic disc. Yup, this is one of those records that is such a nice piece of art that the music is almost irrelevant.

As seems to be the case with all the recent It's Alive releases from the last couple of years, this one comes in a plastic sleeve which was sealed shut with a sticker. I tried to slice it open but did a pretty bad job this time.

As is also now the norm, this one comes in a printed paper sleeve:

The record is on blue vinyl, with one hand written label, and it's numbered out of 100 copies.

And, as usual, there are numerous other bits and bobs (stickers, flyers, inserts, etc.) included in the package, which really makes it feel special and somehow value for money.

Not much more I can really say about this one. It is what it is. Two demo versions of songs from another record, but in some incredibke packaging. I definitely now feel that I want to chase the other It's Alive releases from the past couple of years that I am missing.

No comments: