Tuesday 2 August 2022

Call On My Brothers

Last night I got off my lazy arse and headed into central London to watch Ignite play. As is often the case with bands playing in London, I spent most of the day trying to decide whether I could be bothered to go or not. In the end I went, and I am glad I did, because they were really good live. No shock there really. Although I am still trying to make up my mind on the new singer. Anyway, it had me listening to their entire discography today, and it reminded me that I still hadn't put up these Ignite records that I got recently.

Last year Revelation Records had some kind of daytime event in their parking lot with records and shirts for sale, pizza being made, Popeye from Farside singing live, and a load of other labels selling stuff. And it was announced that there would be a limited sleeve version of the 'Call On My Brothers' LP available. I panicked a little thinking that I would have no chance of getting one, but then managed to find someone who was willing to help me out. This is a limited sleeve numbered out of 36 copies.

I was pretty happy to have got one of these, and I'm pretty sure that it will be a tough find for years to come. But the funny thing is that I had already picked up a clear vinyl repress when it came out a few months before, which I also only recently received.

Given I'd picked these up, I realised that I had missed a pressing back in 2016 or so. There was a blue vinyl pressing which all of a sudden I felt I needed to complete the collection. Thankfully there was one lurking on discogs for a not bad price.

Given I had these copies out to taken photos, I decided to pull the others out, partly because I couldn't remember what colours I even owned.

Pictured here are only the Rev pressings. I also have the original pressing on Conversion, but figured that it would kinda ruin the nice layout by trying to add another one in there.

I distinctly remember getting slightly annoyed at the number of these when they were pressed because they made 4 colours in a very short space of time. But looking at them now, I think they look kinda cool.

4 comments:

Ralf said...

This record definite has stood the test of time for me. Great picture too.

Mike said...

That screened cover is an amazing score! Jealous!

Mike said...

I wonder why they bothered putting a barcode on a silkscreened cover that is not going to a store.

mcs said...

Good question, Mike. Other than thinking that maybe they didn't want Kent McClard to buy one, I have no idea. Weird move.