Wednesday 10 August 2022

Orgasmatron

The Integrity train just keeps on rolling, and as much as it gets frustrating at times with the numbers of records, at other times the records are so damn good looking that it's a joy to own them. This record is a really interesting release, and some of the copies come in some amazing packaging, which means I will forgive the point of it in the first place. This 7" contains two different Motörhead covers. On side a we get 'Cradle To The Grave', which I believe is a relatively recent recording, and on the flipside is 'Orgasmatron' which was originally released on a Victory Records Motörhead tribute compilation way back in 1999. This was one of those records where I originally bought one copy and then more copies got announced and kept appearing and I couldn't not buy them. So here we go...

First up was an orange & black vinyl mix copy that comes in a faux leather sleeve. There were 200 copies of these, and it was sold as a Halloween 2020 package with a shirt. I actually missed the pre-order package deal as it sold out super fast, but I managed to get one later on.

Next up is a blue / black swirl copy. This one goes quite nicely with the cover art, and ended up being the most common version of this release. There were 700 copies of this one made for Record Store Day 2021.

Next up came a limited clear vinyl, glow in the dark version. This was sold by Holy Mountain printing which was some kind of deal available for Halloween 2021. There were only 100 of this one. At first I couldn't get it to glow inthe dark, but for some reason it just needed to be held a little longer than usual under a bright light source, then it lit up nicely.

I then got lucky and bagged one of the test press copies being sold by Organized Crime Records. I'm not sure how many were sold, but mine is numbered out of 17 copies. It comes in a white faux leather sleeve and has some numbered prints included. Hopefully the photos show how great this thing looks.

And on top of these, I also picked up one of the test press copies that Dwid had for sale in a hand drawn cover. This one features Lemmy on the cover. I mean, who else?

So that's all I have of this one. And even though it's a pretty nice collection, it is not quite complete. There was also a third different cover of the test press made by Dom which I could not justify paying for after shelling out for these copies. But now after taking these pics I kinda feel incomplete without it. Oh well. I shouldn't linger on that. These records look great and I feel lucky to have them.

No comments: