Monday 22 August 2022

Old Blood

I've always been a big fan of Gameface, and as the years have rolled by I have liked them more and more. I think that singer Jeff Caudill is a really great song writer, and his solo songs are every bit as good as some of the Gameface songs. And since Gameface went quiet (rather than broke up, which I think that technically they never did) Jeff carried on releasing solo material, which I have done my best to keep up with. So when he announced last year that he was putting out a limited new record, I made sure to get one.

The record is a five song 12" EP, which is lathe cut and limited to only not many copies. As a side note, why is it that the majority of lathe cut records seem to be clear? Anyone know? The name is a reference to Jeff himself, who made this record to mark his 50th birthday last year. For that reason I want to say that there were 50 copies made, but I am not 100% sure on that.

These songs are really great. One of the songs is a duet with his daughter, Melody, which is a very touching song and which I would imagine he is immensely proud of as a father. Overall a really nice little record to mark an occasion, and I count myself lucky to have got one, as they sold out pretty damn quick.

No comments: