Monday 28 September 2020

Regular Size Surprise

In May this year I picked up a couple of Gameface LPs, and the label threw in a 7" that I didn't previously own, namely the 'Regular Size' 7", which was originally released in 2014. Then in June I picked up another version from a UK label that jointly released it. The hunt was then on for the other two versions that would allow me to have a complete collection.

Well, last week another one just rolled at my house completely out of the blue. My good friend Nico sent it to me just because he thinks it would sit better in my collection. What a great gift and surprise!

There were (if Discogs is correct) 100 of these on blue vinyl, with the first 50 copies coming in a cloth outer bag, and it's a really nice little item.

This now marks the 3rd version of this 7" that I have managed to acquire this year. Another nice touch is that the covers are all slightly different covers. So it's a nice colourful little collection of 7"s.

There's still a US pressing that I am missing, on Equal Vision, although it has a completely different cover so won't look quite as cool with these copies. And I'm assuming that the two different pressings mean that there are 2 different test pressings too. So this little collection could run for a few more years yet.

1 comment:

Nico said...

It definitely looks better in your collection.