Wednesday 13 May 2020

Now Still Matters Now

In today's edition of 'I can't believe how much time has passed', I'll be talking about the last Gameface album. 'Now Is What Matters Now' is the band's 6th full length, and was released what seems like about 3 years ago, but was actually 6, in 2014. At the time I picked up one copy of the Euro pressing out of the three available, because I didnt think that this was a record I would need multiple copies of. But after picking up a number of rare Gameface records in the last couple of years, I just kinda decided that I wanted to collect everything I was missing as far as possible. So when I saw a few weeks ago the label post about a few leftover copies of the two colours that I neglected to buy back when the record came out, I decided to grab them while I still had the chance.

The first version is clear vinyl. There were 251 copies made.

The second version is the clear blue/black mix, of which there were 259 copies.

This now means that I have all 3 european colours of this record, as well as the US pressing and the US test press. So I'm only missing the euro test. I asked the label but sadly they don't have any left.

When the package arrived, there was also a Gameface 7" thrown in for free. The 'Regular Size' 7" was released by a european label called Coffeebreath And Heartache ‎Records. It was also released in 2014, and for some reason was released by 3 different labels (one in europe, one in the UK, and one in the States).

In total there are 5 copies of this thing out there across the 3 labels, and until this arrived I owned none. So of course, the quest is now on to find the other 4. At this rate I should probably have them all just in time for my 60th birthday.

No comments: