Thursday 17 September 2020

Build & Destroy II

Back in 2017 I picked up a couple of 7"s by a band called Build & Destroy on Lockin' Out Records. The main point of interest was that the band featured a dude who used to be in RZL DZL, which was one of my favourite bands of the 00s. The band had two 7"s released at the same time, both of which were pressed on purple vinyl. One of these was their 2010 demo, and my purple copy was basically clear with a little whisp of purple in it. At the time I said this:

I'm sorely tempted to also try to pick up a purple one too. I bet there are quite a range of colour variants of this one out there, and it would be cool to have a couple of them.

Well, keeping up with my recent drive to try to mainly buy stuff from within the UK, last week I grabbed a much more purple looking copy that showed up eBay in the UK.

As you can see, this one is very much a slightly dirty looking purple colour. But it's a lot more purple than my other 'purple' copy, as you can see here:

I do find it interesting how bands just tend to appaer and pretty much immediately vanish again these days. It feels to me that it happens more often nowadays than in years gone by. The demo was released in 2010, then a 'proper' 7" came out five years later in 2015, and here we are another five years later and there has been nothing since. I'm assuming the band is dead, but is that ever really the case these days? It would be cool to get a full length, although at this point it feels highly unlikely. Shame, as this band is (or was) damn good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great band. All Hail the Dopeman is such a banger. I know it's on their other ep, but still...