Saturday 12 September 2020

Rhinoceros

Another repress I couldn't say no to (partly because it's on Rev and partly because it holds a special place in my heart) is this Orange 9mm debut 12" on 'rhinoceros grey' vinyl.

Unlike some people who managed to somehow avoid hearing this record for about 25 years, I first bought this in an actual shop (remember those?) when it came out. I remember seeing it on the rack and seeing the Rev logo on the front cover (which still feels like a strange move to this day) and feeling curious, but being a student with a very limited budget I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money without hearing the band. So I asked the dude in the shop to play it for me, and I think I probably decided I wanted to buy it within 5 seconds.

My only 'complaint' with this record is the colour choice for the vinyl. I mean, for some reason I'm stupid enough to buy another copy to add to my existing 4 regardless, but the grey vinyl is quite a dark shade and seems a bit boring. I think a nice blue would have matched the cover far better, although the way things work these days maybe we'll be in store for that one next.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Ha ha...some people prefer to wait 25 years to make sure this stuff isn't just some fad.