Wednesday 23 September 2020

Time Is 3 Years Late

Late to the party as ever, I picked up this Ecostrike 'Time Is Now' 7". It's a first press copy on Carry The Weight Records (a UK label that is now defunct) that I spotted on eBay UK going for a bit less than it would ususally sell for.

Back when this came out, in 2017, I heard the buzz but decided I wasn't interested as it was advertised as 'vegan straight edge like Earth Crisis', which I didn't feel I needed in my life in 2017. But about a year later I decided to give the band a chance when I started seeing photos of the LP being posted and it was apparent that they were becoming a pretty big deal.

This 7" got reissued by Triple B Records a few months after it came out, so I was happy to pick up a copy from the first pressing. I actually prefer the first LP to this 7", as the LP sounds more like the first Strife LP (which is a lot more palatable to me than Earth Crisis these days) but I can't actually bring myself to buy anything on Triple B anymore as their records are always pressed on the most vile colours, and on the vinyl from the european plant that I hate. So I doubt I'll be adding any more Ecostrike records to the collection anytime soon, unless they repress them at a proper plant.

1 comment:

Nico said...

Good to have you on board. I ordered this 7" within the first minute of the pre-order going online. Totally in love with this record.