Wednesday 9 September 2020

Guilty Of Being Blue

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I typed these words - I have tried over the past few years to reduce the number of reissues and represses that I buy but, as with most things in life, there are always exceptions.. And again, here I am posting another repress that I didn't need but had to have that gets added to my list of exceptions.

Dischord Records have never really pressed much of their catalogue on colour vinyl, but have put out a few colour pressings over the past 13 years or so. This latest pressing of the Minor Threat 'First Two 7"s' 12" comes on a very pretty baby blue vinyl that I imagine would be difficult for anyone who is interested in either Minor Threat or cool looking records to resist. In fact, I would guess that it's likely that the vast majority of these will end up in the hands of people who already own the record in one format or another.

I believe that there are a whopping 3,000 copies pressed, meaning it is unlikely to ever become particularly hard to find. But who really cares about that? Despite being a repress and probably about the 25th version of this record, it's a really nice item. Way nicer than the crappy green vinyl copy from 2007 which had a really flimsy sleeve and was on crappy euro vinyl. I'm already intriogued to see what happens when this sells out. Could it be red vinyl in a red sleeve? Yellow vinyl in a yellow sleeve? Or maybe just back to black vinyl? The way things are going we'll probably find out in a few months.

3 comments:

Nico said...

GOAT!

Willem RWHAF said...

Within a couple of decades we should have the yellow and finally red too. Besides the green and now the blue…. Still awaiting my parcel.

Rabid Feminist said...

Grateful for ssharing this