Sunday, 27 September 2026

Guilty Of Nothing

Four years ago I picked up an Integrity split 7" with a band called Nothing. I had never listened to Nothing previously, but I really enjoyed their song on that record, and at the end of the post I wrote: 'I get this vibe that they could easily become my next favourite band'. Well, four years later, and as at right now as I write this, I cannot get enough of this band.

When I was making a list of clear vinyl Relapse releases that I wanted to pick up, I realised that there were quite a few Nothing records. I was trying to figure out which to buy and which to leave for some other future point in time, but in the end I just went crazy and grabbed the lot. It just seemed impossible to decide to not buy any of them. So I ended up buying seven Nothing records in one fell swoop, which is a big move by my own standards (and probably everyone else's too).

I now present them here in the order in which they were released. All are on clear vinyl and each limited to 100 copies which the label states are 'Not available to the public - Friends of band and label only'.

The first LP from 2014, 'Guilty Of Everything'.

Next 'A.C.D'. This is a two song 12" released for Record Store Day in April 2016. This is a one sided 12" with a screen printed b-side.

The second LP, 'Tired Of Tomorrow', released in May 2016.

'Blue Line Baby', a three song 12" released in July 2018. This is another one sided 12" with a screen printed b-side.

The third LP, 'Dance On The Blacktop'. This one was released for Record Store Day in November 2018.

The fourth LP, 'The Great Dismal'. This one was released in October 2020.

'The Great Dismal B-Sides'. This is a three song 12" released a year after the LP, in October 2021.

Seven records by one band in one go feels like a big move, but three of them are three song 12"s, so it's not quite such an overwhelming amount of new music as I first thought. That said, there are a whole bunch of other reocrds that this band have done on other labels, including a new album that came out this year which I am going to have to try to pick up at some point I am sure. For nwo though, this is a good amount of Nothing to be getting on with.

No comments: