Another one of my new(ish) collections that I started these past couple of years is Strike Anywhere LPs. I had one from back around the turn of the century when it came out, and even though I played it a bit and liked it, I never really felt hugely into the band. Well, I picked up two more LPs in the last couple of years for $10 each when on trips to the States, so I then decided I'd go after the others I hadn't heard. Recently I found a white vinyl copy of their second album, 'Exit English', which was released by Jade Tree Records back in 2003.
As far as I can tell, there were two colours of vinyl for the first press, being white and yellow. This fits with my memory of the period, when Jade Tree would generally do two different colours of vinyl for each release. Of course, additional colours have been pressed in the years since, but this is definitely a copy from the first pressing.
I stil wouldn't say I am hugely up on this band, but I get the feeling that this is regarded as their best record, and even though I'm new to it, I can see why. It sounds a bit more polished than their first LP but withuot sounding too clean. A great record for sure, and this definitely makes me want to hurry up and find the other two records of theirs that I am now missing.


No comments:
Post a Comment