Saturday 14 September 2024

Roses For You

Earlier this year It's Alive Records repressed the Unity 'Blood Days' 7"... again. This was always a slightly straneg release in my nind. The band was around in the mid to late 80s, and released a 7" and an LP. And then this 7" came out in 2012. It contains the extra songs from the 'Blood Days' LP that were not on the original 7", which allows you to own all the Unity songs on 7" format. This was last repressed in 2019 or so on white vinyl, and this year it was pressed again, this time on purple vinyl.

This pressing is numbered inside the sleeve out of 300 copies.

When this went up for sale, the label advertised that there were going to be some test pressings for sale too. I checked, and they were going on sale at 1am my time. I made the decision to stay up past my bedtime to try to get one. It turned out to be a successful mission as I managed to secure a copy.

This test is particularly nice as it is pressed on blue vinyl. Gotta love a colour vinyl test press, especially one that comes in a sleeve.

I also decided to grab a white vinyl repress copy of the 'You Are One' 7". I figured I would try to collect all the colours of this one. There seem to have been a few repress colours in the last few years, so I figured I would grab them if I see them.

No comments: