Monday 23 September 2024

Sirens

Back in 2020 or so I spent some time trying to seek out all the Revelation releases that never came out on vinyl. Most of these were released in the 2005-06 era, and until I started checking them out, I had never heard any of them. I have always operated in the same way, in that I just never really bought CDs. There were always lots of records to buy, and I always prioritised records over CDs. Someone once told me many years ago that hardcore was all about buying the rarest record rather than the one you wanted most. I always thought this was common sense. I mean, if you think something will sell out within a couple of days, then don't wait until next month to buy it. So by reverse logic, CDs were never a priority for me as they were always pressed in large quantities, and even those released by Rev were totally ignored. Oh, and I suppose it didn't really help that most of the bands that Rev were putting out back in 2005-06 were largely garbage. With hidsight, I'm not sure what was going on back then, but I think it was the label's lowest point, where they seemed pretty much completely out of touch with their audience.

Well anyway, when I started listening to the CD only releases, and I found a few of them that are really good. And one of them got actually got pressed up on vinyl last year. SO I decided to pick up a copy.

The record is titled 'Sirens' by a band called On The Might Of Princes. The band were from Long Island, NY and were active around the end of the 90s and the start of the 00s. This record, their third full length, was released by Revelation back in 2003, and the vinyl pressing is marks the record's 20th anniversary. The blue vinyl is part of the first pressing and was limited to 109 copies, sold exclusively by Rev.

This reminds me of a bunch of bands that I used to listen to a lot back around the turn of the century, such as old Piebald and even Bob Tilton. Emo with screamy parts at times. And here in 2024 this sounds great. So glad I have finally found this, and that they finally put it onto a decent format.

No comments: