Sunday 22 September 2024

I've Had It

I've said it before, but I really do think that the early 00s was a great era for hardcore. Loads of great bands sprung up, especially in and around Boston, and there were also loads of collectible records, a lot of which are pretty cheap these days. And as we didn't already know this, here are a couple of copies of a long forgotten record that I picked up earlier this year for super cheap. This is a 7" by the Boston band R'N'R containing only two songs ('Ive Had It' and 'Your Rules').

The 7" was originally issued in 2002 as a split release between Cadmium Sick and Collapse Records. It came without a picture sleeve, and was packaged simply in yellow paper dust sleeve. I picked up this test press for pretty damn cheap and it comes in more of a sleeve than the regular version.

I also picked up this clear vinyl reissue copy. This one was put out by Dead Alive Records a year or so after the first press came out. No idea why a different label put this out, but second time around it came with a proper cover, which makes it aesthitically more interesting than the first press.

There were also copies of the reissue on black vinyl, and I am assuming that clear was the rarer version, but I don't actually know.

I added this to my collection and was reminded how many split 7"s this band did in their short career. Splits with The Suicide File, A-Team, Fir For Abuse and Drug Test. Probably an average of 6 copies of each too I would imagine. You could probably try to collect this band's records for the rest of your life if you were so inclined.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Might be time to revisit the band.