Saturday 7 September 2024

Steps Ascending

Back at the end of June, Nico posted about the new record from Stand Still. At the time I had no idea who the band were, but his brief write up, and the picture of the record, had me intrigued. So I found their bandcamp page and gave it a chance, and after about one minute I knew I was going to have to buy a copy.

Part of what drew me to this record was the cover art and the vinyl colour that was a perfect match. However, the copy I got sent wasn't quite the same colour. Mine is a definite blue & black swirl which still matches the cover art, but doesn't look anywhere near as cool as the copy Nico received.

The band come from Long Island and have previously had records put out by Triple B and New Morality Zine. To me they sound like other melodic hardcore bands from Long Island, such as Capital and The Movielife, and their songs are every bit as catchy. Nico was absolutely right when he referred to this being the summer record of the year. I have been regularly blasting this for the past two months and it just seems to get better with every play. There is something here that just takes me back to the early 2000s. Check out 'In My Blood' and you'll get what I mean.

Summer may now be pretty much at an end, but this record still has plenty of life in it yet. Definitely one of the highlights of the year so far.

1 comment:

NicoRevealed said...

Still the best contender for summer record of the year.