Sunday 31 March 2024

Hunted Down

It's funny, but this record has annoyed me so much over the last few years. Every time I would seach on eBay for Down To Nothing records, I would find lots of copies of this Soundgarden 'Hunted Down' 7". And at no point did I ever feel like I wanted one.

The original version of this 7" was Sub Pop's first 7" release and first foray into the world of coloured vinyl. It came out in 1987 as a blue vinyl record in a blue paper sleeve. It didn't look overly exciting, but regardless, it was Soundgarden's first release and these days it sells for a lot of money if you can find one. So it was a bit of surprise when Sub Pop repressed this one for Record Store Day in 2010 with a full picture sleeve.

There were apparently over 5,000 copies of this pressed in 2010, and at the time I remember thinking that it seemed like a cash grab. It was easy to find and sold for pretty much nothing. So of course, when I recently decided that I did want one after all, it suddenly seems harder to find and more expensive, but thankfully still nowhere near the price of an original.

No comments: