Monday 1 May 2023

Straight Edge Violence

I picked up the debut release by a UK straight edge band called Eyeteeth. I don't know much about the band other than they have Nate from Rot In Hell & On Thin Ice on vocals. WHen I saw the name of the band and the logo, I figured that this was something that was not going to be for me. But then hearing that the title of the record is 'Straight Edge Violence' I figured that maybe it wasn't a death metal band after all, gave it a listen and decided I was in. A small UK label put out the 7" in a very limited run. There were 102 copies, all hand numbered, with the first 30 copies in a limited Godzilla sleeve.

I'm not sure why they decided to press such a small number of copies. Possibly because there aren't 100 straight edge people left these days. Still, they probably could have sold 2 or 3 times as many without too much more effort.

To me this sounds a little like a raw version of early Blacklisted maybe. It's pretty vicious and the band is (obviously) straight edge, so if you're into that kind of thing then you'll probably dig this. Ten songs in around ten minutes so there's no time for any bullshit. Sadly the 7" is already sold out, but I'm sure you can check it on digital formats if you're curious.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm always down for some Straight Edge Violence. Would like to get my hands a copy of this someday!

Ralf said...

I wonder where you can press only such a limited number of records. 300 copies usually seems to be the minimum.