Sunday 7 January 2024

Peach

Picking up from my last post (not including the 2023 yearend summary), the next few posts will be to cover some records that I was given by Joey from Wanna Hear It Records to make up for the ten year wait I had experienced for a record I bought from him on eBay back in 2012. All of the records featured weer released by his label, 6131 Records.

The first record from the batch is this pink vinyl first press copy of the first Culture Abuse LP, 'Peach', that was released by 6131 Records in 2016.

Culture Abuse was a band that (for me at least) seemed to come out of nowhere in 2018 with their second LP, put out by Epitaph Records, 'Bay Dream'. Funnily enough, I actually ended up going to see this band live just after this came out in Brooklyn on my first trip to the States back in 2018. That record was huge in the Summer of 2018, and it felt like the band vanished after that. Well, I had no idea, but I just discovered that the broke up in 2020 after the singer admitted that he was guilty of some sexual misconduct allegations. Oh dear.

Anyway, feels kinda funny to have just heard their first record for the first time in the last couple of weeks, but it reminds me of what was enjoyable about this band a few years ago. Some great catchy songs that I have enjoyed the past couple of weeks, and I think I have definitely ended up with the nicest colour vinyl version out there.

No comments: