Monday 29 January 2024

In Defiance Of Acoustic Times

The penultimate record in my series of things that I picked up from Wanna Hear It Records on my US trip last month.

Last year I spent a bit of time checking out some Strike Anywhere records online. I have one of their albums in my collection, and I always liked it, but I was never really blown away by it. But I'm always interested in hearing more from bands that I know have a big fanbase, because I assume there must be something there that I haven't fully grasped yet. So I checked out a couple of records and thought that they were ok, and that I definitely wanted to invest more time in them. So when I came across a Strike Anywhere record for $10, it was a no brainer.

Well, being slightly unfamiliar with the band, I wasn't quite aware what I had bought, but when I got home and listened to it I was immediately disappointed because this record is two types of bad record rolled into one... a live record, and an acoustic record. Yup, this is a live acoustic record, which with hindsight kinda explains why it was so cheap, and why it is still in stock and Bridge Nine some twelve years after it was released. Everyone else knows what this is and decided they didn't need it.

No comments: