Sunday 28 January 2024

Triple B Bargain Bin

More stuff that I bought from Wanna Hear It Records last month, and this is a great example of finding it hard to say no to things that are right in front of me.

After I was done perusing the used LP section, I noticed a bin of records on the floor. Turned out is was a sale section, although nothing was priced. I asked for the price and was told that the records in the bin were $5 each. I'm not even sure that I managed to look through everything, but immediately I pulled out three records that I was happy to take away for a bargain price. All three were slightly older Triple B releases, from the days before the label changed direction (and pressing plant).

First up is this clear vinyl copy of a 12" EP by a band called Glory, which is imaginatively titled 'the twelve inch'. This came out in 2016 and the band featured Sam (who runs Triple B) and, as the cover kinda suggests, played straight up hardcore. The record contains 8 songs that are done in 9 minutes and is a one sided 12". It's not exactly going to change the world, but this is a solid hardcore record, and also looks pretty cool. AN absolute steal for five bucks.

The second record I found in the bargain bin was this green vinyl pressing of the Freedom 'USA Hardcore' LP. This was released in 2015 and somewhere around then I downloaded it and listened to it a few times, but never actually got around to buying a copy. Just like the Glory 12", this is a pretty solid hardcore record in the vein of Boston Strangler, and this second press green vinyl is a nice looking version to end up with.

And finally, the second album by Red Death, 'Formidable Darkness'. This is also from the same period as the two records above, having been released in 2016. Given how much I enjoyed the first record, I'm not exactly sure how I never ended up getting a copy of this one previously. This copy was sealed, and I was slightly disappointed that it as black vinyl. But still, for five dollars I can't be too upset.

No comments: