Sunday 21 January 2024

Last Great Prison

Another 7" that I got from Wanna Hear It Records last month, and this one was inspired by fellow blogger in a post just before my US trip.

This split between Burn and Prison came out in 1995 on Lost & Found Records. I've seen it a lot over the years and always considered it a boot, so was never interested in it. But when I saw Ralf's post, for the first time I thought that it looked kinda cool. And then, by chance, it was there in the used 7" section at a low price.

Both of the Burn songs on here have been released previously. The song 'Decay' is, I think, the same version from the 'Forever' 7" compilation, which sounds much rawer (and better) then the version that ended up being released on the 'Cleanse' 12".

The other band, Prison, I know nothing about. I can see from discogs that they were from California, and had 3 dudes from Visual Discrimnation and a drummer who was in Chorus Of Disapproval. Their two songs on here are actually pretty good. Seems that they also had a full length that was also released by Lost & Found, on CD only, in 1995. And that's it.

I also decided to pick up this black vinyl copy of the Burn 'Last Great Sea' 7". Again, it was pretty cheap. I wouldn't usually bother with regular black vinyl copies, but I kinda wanted this one as I have a test press and thought it would be cool to have a complete collection. Plus, this copy is actually rarer than the orange vinyl repress from 2016. When things are sat in front of me it is hard to say no.

No comments: