Sunday 14 May 2023

Now

I don't subscribe to any streaming services. Never have, and I don't intend to. So if I want to check out something new, I'll often just go to youtube and play it on there. And then most of the time it will finish playing and some other random thing will come on. A few weeks ago I was listening to god knows what, and then at some point I realised that the something different had come on, and it was pretty cool. Turns out it was a band called Rhythm Collision, and I was pretty into it. I knew of the band, but had never in my life knowingly listened to them before. After listening to it again, I decided to investigate what records they had, and a few minutes later I had made a purchase.

These days, this is pretty much the dream scenario - finding a 'new' old band and also finding out that their records aren't overly saught after or expensive. Result! I had the choice of about 4 different colours to choose from, so I went for the purple marble as it looked by far the most interesting looking version.

Rhythm Collision were a band from the LA area who were active for the whole of the 1990s. In their time they put out 5 albums and a long list of 7"s. This record I just bought is their second LP from 1993 titled 'Now', released by Dr. Strange Records. The band plays melodic punk which for me is pretty perfect for this time of year, as the sun starts to appear for the first time in months.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I wrote about this record 8 years ago... and you still beat me to a colored vinyl pressing.