Wednesday 28 December 2022

Love Is Worth It

Time moves so fast that it messes with my mind. A few months ago this record ('Love Is Worth It' by Silent Drive) got pressed onto vinyl for the first time. There were two different colours of vinyl made, and I picked up this clear blue one, which was originally sold as 'coke bottle clear'.

This record was originally released eighteen years ago, back in 2004, on CD only. The band features Zach Jordan on vocals (most known for playing guitar in Bane) and Pete Chilton on bass (who at the time also played bass in Bane). I remember where I got my CD as if it were yesterday. I went to see Bane play in Glasgow in 2005, and was chatting to the band before the show, and Zach gave me the CD as a gift. I hadn't heard it and I guess he was proud of it and wanted me to hear it. I then ended up playing that record a hell of a lot back then and it became one of those records that I played so much that I could pretty much sing every word to every song.

Over the years I bugged Zach and Pete about pressing the album on vinyl many times. At one point I even asked if I could press it and release it myself, but I think they didn't have the appetite to try to convince Equal Vision to let that happen. It might have helped if I had been a proper record label. But with so much time having passed, eventually vinyl has become so popular that I am guessing that Equal Vision have spent some time looking back through their catalog to identify some titles that never got put on vinyl originally, and this was one of them. Batter late than never I guess.

No comments: