Thursday 29 December 2022

Five Times For Unity

As much as I hate the word, World Be Free is something of a modern day hardcore 'supergroup'. They are comprised of Scott Vogel from Terror on vocals, Sammy from every band ever on drums, Andrew Kline (Strife / War Records) and someone else I forget. They had a debut LP come out back in 2016 on Rev and then went a little quiet. Then last year this new 5 song EP, titled 'One Time For Unity' came out. It took me until Summer this year to get my copies, and then I have spent ages waiting for the opportunity to take photos to get this post up.

One of the reasons this took so long to get around to is that there were a lot of different versions, and one day I took a photo of all of them, and then afterwards realised that I had left one out. Ugh. The prospect of laying them all out again seemed too much to bear, so I left it... until this week.

There were 100 copies on clear red vinyl sold as a Coretex exclusive. I got a pretty low number on this one. Not that it makes a difference really.

Like a lot of records these days, this ia a single sided 12" EP. The b-side is devoted to some laser etched logo.

The other version I wanted to specifically mention is the black vinyl version that came in a different sleeve and that was sold by the band directly. The same thing happened with the first 12". The main difference was that the first album in a limited sleeve was limited to 100 copies and sold out super fast, whereas this one is numbered out of 184 (which is a weird number) and lingered for weeks, or possibly months. It seemed nobody cared.

There were 3 other colours but I didn't see the point of taking individual photos. So here's a group shot of the lot.

Overall the vinyl looks great (the result of using a proper pressing plant) and the record itself is ok. But does it live up to any of the records made by the band members' previous bands? No, I don't think so. And would I have bought this if it weren't on Revelation? Probably yes, although it's unlikely I would have bought more than one copy. The things I do to keep up with the Rev machine right?

No comments: