Monday 19 December 2022

Anti Complicity Anthem

In a few ways, 2022 has been a bit of a weird year. In terms of live shows, this year I only went to see 3 live shows... 2 of which were Ignite. I saw them play a release show for their latest LP in California back in April, and then I saw them play in London on their Euro tour in August. What was also interesting was that their new LP came out back in March or April, but Revelation then released a 2 song 7" about 4 months later which I think was originally supposed to function as a promo for that LP, but which came out too late and therefore served no real purpose. Well, not strictly true, as one of the two songs is not on the LP. But given 7" sales these days are not what they used to be, this thing felt a little bit unneccesary. Still, that didn't stop me wanting to collect it, especially seeing as there were several different colours to collect. Like the fool I am, I wanted them all.

The most common colour is a solid green. I like it. It's a nice colour and is probably my favourite of them all. This one was available from RevHQ and probably some stores or distros.

The labels on this are interesting. White label one side, black the other. They look ok from a short distance, but close up they look bad as the ink has bled terribly. You have to look at them close up to see what I mean. But goddamn it, if I were running the show I would have made them repress the lot. The quality is terrible.

So as I mentioned, there were several colours of this one made, and not many of each pressed. Unlike some Rev releases from the past, I had a sense of urgency in getting these because I figured that some of the colours would sell out quick. As I write this, I think it is only really the clear vinyl copies that sold out. The rest are probably still obtainable.

As is the way with modern collecting, there were 6 different colours made, with each being given to a different retailer. A total pain in the ass for anyone to collect, especially as the sellers were spread across the world. Here's the breakdown:

400 opaque green vinyl
100 opaque blue vinyl (Programme Skate & Sound exclusive)
100 coke bottle clear vinyl... although 9 came out pink (Ignite exclusive).
150 gold vinyl (Coretex exclusive)
100 clear red vinyl (Impericon exclusive)
150 grey vinyl (Kingsroad / On Ink exclusive)

Also, due to where this one was pressed, there seem to have been a few interesting quirky copies that have surfaced. A small number of the clear copies came out pink (presumably they were pressed after the red copies) and were kept by the band. I have seen a couple of quirky blue copies (including one on discogs). And I was lucky enough to get a red one with a lot of black mixed in, which looks pretty cool.

I'm not sure how sought after this record one will be in years to come, but I figured best grab all of them now while I could. But the fact that they didn't sell out quick suggests that probably not too many are too bothered. Still, I think they look cool as a set and am happy I saw the band on tour to get the clear one. And good luck to anyone trying to complete this set.

No comments: