Monday 12 December 2022

About Time

Ending the year in a similar way to how I started it, by listening to some pop punk from the early 90s. Last month I visited another friend of mine who I grew up with, and he ended up giving me a few records, mainly stuff from the early 90s that I wasn't into then but am kinda interested in now, partly due to nostalgia. Back in the early 90s I liked the first two Pennywise albums, but after seeing the band play live in (probably) the summer of 1994, I decided I was no longer interested. Back at that time, pop punk was getting popular and the Pennywise show I went to was in a larger venue than I usually visited, and was full of morons. So that was it. I never really listened to Pennywise again. So here I am in late 2022 listening to their third album for the first time.

'About Time' was released in 1995. I vaguely remember it coming out, because I made a conscious decision to ignore it. Back then my taste was mainly for straight edge hardcore and Pennywise was old hat. But listening to this now, I find it kinda catchy. Time heals all wounds I guess.

This copy I have inherited is a first press copy from 1995 on black vinyl. It seems that this has been repressed on a few different colours over the years, which no doubt look cool, but I'm happy with this one for the price I paid.

I just checked discogs and it seems that Pennywise have put out something like 12 albums. Even though this one has been a fun listen these past three weeks or so, I'm not sure I really want to venture any further... although I would if anyone wanted to give them to me, haha.

No comments: