Sunday 18 September 2022

Oxidizer

Last year I picked up a longstanding want from a band called Inch. The band were from San Diego, played indoe rock type music, and were active int he early 90s. The reason I was initially drawn to them was that they had some dude in them who used to be in anther band called Sub Society, which I was into from some songs they had on a couple of H-Street skateboard videos. Well anyway, after I picked up their second album last year, I went to add it into my collection spreadsheet and add it into my collection on discogs, and then decided to see if they had any other records that I didn't know about. And I was pretty stoked to find one.

The 'Oxidizer / Coil' 7" was released by Redemption Records in 1993. I bought a copy of this 7" probably within a year of it coming out. And all of these years later, I found out for the first time that there are some copies on clear red vinyl. There was only a black vinyl version listed in discogs, but when i scanned down the copies for sale, one mentioned that it was on colour vinyl. So I bought it.

The seller told me that he had been given this by one of the members of the band when it came out. It has a personal message written on one of the labels.

It probably sounds corny, but things like this stoke the hell out of me. Owning a record for like 28 or 29 years and having absolutely no idea that it exists on colour vinyl, and then finding a colour copy. And somehow even cooler when pretty much nobody else cares.

3 comments:

KEDS said...

Great band.score.

Mike said...

I thought that I was familiar with Redemption Records, but I've never heard of this record before. Strange coincidence, because just a couple weeks ago I discovered that Redemption also released an album from a band called Engage that I'd never heard before. Why do I not know this stuff?

mcs said...

Because you are an amateur? Although I must be too because only two days ago did I find out that they released an album by a band called Ritual Device that I didn't previously know about.
I've had the Engage LP since about 1994. I like it.