Saturday 17 September 2022

Halloween Nightmare

This month's Integrity record is one that came out almost a year ago. Back in 2017 they released an album titled 'Howling For The Nightmare Shall Consume' on Relapse, for which there were an almost uncountable number of versions, all of which I bought. Then last year, just in time for Halloween, it got repressed on 'Howl O Ween orange'. As much as I hate splatter vinyl from that damn Czech plant, I thought this one looked almost ok, so decided to pick one up to keep my stupid collection complete.

As well as a new colour of vinyl, this thing has some updated artwork in side the gatefold and on the record labels. I'm not sure why this was deemed necessary, but it helps keep things interesting I suppose.

I'm also not sure why a new test press was needed, but all I know is that one was made. I missed out on the ones that Dwid was selling, but I then got offered one by Dom. Dwid never numbers the copies he sells, but Dom usually does, so it was kinda cool to get one of these as they are numbered out of only 5 copies.

It also says 'test press V2' on the front cover, which I think is also a nice touch. It's always a bonus when a test press actually tels you what record it is for on the cover so you don't have to get it out of the sleeve and check the matrix and figure it out.

No comments: