Thursday 22 September 2022

My Rage

There are still a lot of classic hardcore records that I don't own in any format. In the olden days they seemed hard to find and relatively expensive. But also, a lot of them only existed on black vinyl, which I always found boring. I was too busy trying to keep up with colour vinyl new releases and older colour vinyl records that I wanted. So there is still a bunch of classic old hardcore records that I want but do not own and, due to current prices, will probably never own. Well, not original pressings anyhow. But some of these things have been, and no doubt will continue to be, reissued. Here's one I picked up semi recently - the Rest In Pieces 'My Rage' 12".

In my first year or so of discovering straight edge hardcore I bought a Rest In Pieces LP. It was the 'Under My Skin' LP on Roadrunner Records. It was pretty terrible and I sold it after a couple of years. My memory of it was that it was just a bad metal record. It was probably then twenty years or so later that I thought to go backand check out the first Rest In Pieces record. Turns out it's actually a hardcore record and it pretty good. So when these colour vinyl represses popped up I figured I would grab one.

These latest colour vinyl represses came out of nowhere. There were four colours, all for sale at different places. On the day that this was annnounced, I looked at the colours and thought that the pink one looked nice. I figured I would order it in a couple of days. But of course, one day later and they were all gone. In fact, within one day three of the four colours had sold out, leaving me with no real choice. So I grabbed this crappy looking yellow with black splatter version as I figured it was better than nothing.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Oh the irony of initially finding the original black vinyl pressing boring and then are forced to buy a shitty looking splatter pattern years later.

Willem RWHAF said...

This post is a painful reminder of the same thoughts I had a few days ago. Makes it even more irresistible not buying a copy. Or should I look at it in another way and say “great minds think alike“.