Monday 5 September 2022

Home Wrecked

Back in 2019 I picked up some records by a band called Tørsö. They got onto my radar because they had a 7" released by Revelation, which I really liked, and I also bought an LP on a different label which I wasn't so into. Well, last year they had another 7" released by Rev, which I finally got (and got around to checking out) a couple of months ago.

As to be expected, there were several colours of this one, and I picked up one of each. The rarest colour is the green & yellow split vinyl, for which there were only 201 copies.

So this record is titled 'Home Wrecked' and contains three songs, the third of which is a cover of 'You're X'd' by The Faith. And whilst I do like the new songs, it feels like there just isn't enough here to be worthwhile. The two Tørsö songs clock in at a little under 4 minutes in total, and then there's the cover, which is a little over one minute... and which is also a cover. It's not at all bad, but it is just too short. It feels like the moment I press play, it finished. Call me old fashioned, but just 4 minutes of new music does not constitute a record... well, unless it's the Last Rights 7".

Still, like I said, it's a Rev release so I ended up buying every version, despite the fact that they look pretty horrible.

The black with white splatter was the common version of the first press being out of about 600 copies, whilst the white with black splatter was exclusive to indie stores and was out of 300 or so copies. Then the 'magenta with black smoke' copy was a second press out of around 500 copies.

So overall, a little disappointing on all fronts.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

I agree with everything you said. I liked the first 7” much better too.