Monday 12 September 2022

Insted Live At The Country Club

I've been sitting on this one for almost 5 months not really being able to post it as it was not officially out until last week. When I visited Dave at Indecision Records HQ earlier this year, he had a new live Insted LP that was about to be released. I've said it before, but live records seem largely pointless, although from a positive point of view, they do give an excuse to buy another record by a band you like. I think that's what's going on here really. I held this in my hands and thought 'oh, it's just a live record, I can probably live without it', but then I looked at the cover and thought it looked kinda cool and then decided that I couldn't NOT grab the opportunity to have another Insted record if it existed. So in the end I bought it.

This is the entire live show from 23 December 1989 recorded at the Country Club in Reseda, CA. One of the songs ('Feel Their Pain') was included on the 'No Control At The Country CLub' 7", released by Nemesis Records in 1990 as part 3 of the Nemesis Live series.

In total, there were only 200 copies of this live LP, all on this green vinyl. I quite like the colour, as it looks like it was pressed at a decent pressing plant. But overall this record is exactly what I mentioned at the start. It's a live record and not exactly essential listening, but still a nice one to own for anyone who likes having Insted records on their shelf.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for talking me into buying one. Seeing your pictures makes me glad that I have one on the way.

Nico said...

Looking forward to giving this a spin. Really like it based on your pictures.