Sunday 26 June 2022

Mutate Me

I'm sure I've said this a hundred times before, but I have always been a huge fan of Into Another. Yet despite listening to them since about 1993, it was in 2015 that I found out abotu the existence of one of their records for the first time. After their 'Omens' record came out in 2015, someone on instagram posted a pic of their Into Another collection, and in there was a record I had never seen before - a promo 12". I quickly found one for cheap on discogs, but then it got lost in the post. So here we are, seven years later, and I finally found another one for a reasonable price.

This 12" contains one song only, with the same song being pressed once on each side. The song is the first one their 3rd LP, 'Seemless'. It was pressed by Hollywood Records, the major label that released that album, in 1995.

This is kind of a cool little item to have, and interestingly it was manufactured in the UK. But also, I find it kinda strange that this even exists at all. I say that because Hollywood Records did not press the album 'Seemless' on vinyl. The vinyl was put out by Revelation. Hollywood only pressed it on CD. So essentially they pressed a one song 12" vinyl record to promote a CD. Weird right?

No comments: