Wednesday 15 June 2022

Run For Cover

Many years ago I used to religiously buy everything that Equal Vision Records put out. Through the 90s and early 00s EVR was a solid label and put out some truly iconic records, but at some point it changed and became something else. But towards the latter part of the good era, there were some releases that didn't quite fit the label's hardcore past, but I bought them anyway because it was a label I trusted. So when I bought these things I gave the bands a chance, and one release I really liked was an LP by a band called Liar's Academy. They actually had two fill lengths on EVR, but I never heard the second one as it was CD only and my money always went into vinyl. But I do really like the first LP. Well anyway, I had no idea that they had a 7" released on a small label in 2007 until I saw a test press of it for sale, and for $3 I figured it was worth picking up.

'Run For Cover' is a two song 7" that was released by an Italian label called Goodwill Records. Turns out that there were a little over 500 copies of this 7" pressed, all of which were numbered on te inside of the cover. The test press isn't numbered, but is easily identifiable as it says 'test press' where the number is on the other copies.

So after I picked up the uber cheap test press, I figured I should see if there were any regular copies for sale, and I found a green copy for £2 plus postage. Fortunately it was in the UK so postage was pretty cheap.

Thw two songs on here are pretty good and very similar to the songs I am familiar with on the first LP, and I'm happy to have scored these for practically nothing. Makes a change to get a super cheap score in the current collecting climate.

2 comments:

Paolo said...

The labels Is GOODWILL records, run by Dario Adamic, and now operates from Berlin. He put out lots cool stuff, also from more known bands, like Bystander, Spirits etc. . He also run No Plan records,specialized in old punk represses (the last One I think is a Decry 7")

mcs said...

Thanks for the correction, Paolo. Not sure how I made that mistake, but I have fixed it now.