Tuesday 7 June 2022

Defining The Purpose

Another week rolls around and I have another favourite record to ramble on about. Just like my previous two favourite hardcore records this year, this one was also released by Indecision Records and is not actually a new release. This one was released a couple of years ago, in 2020, which was probably a bad year for any band to release a record due to the lack of opportunity to play shows. Anyway, this record is titled 'Defining The Purpose' and is the first full length release from a band called Tuning, a melodic hardcore band from Oakland, California.

The band describe themselves as 'melodic hardcore from the bay area', but I'm not sure that's as helpful as it could be. To me, melodic hardcore conjures up different. This to me falls into a similar ballpark as One Step Closer, Mil-Spec or maybe even Modern Life Is War.

There were 100 copies of this one on white vinyl, and 400 on blue. The white is now sold out so I was pretty lucky to be able to get one.

I don't know much about this band at all. Discogs tells me that one of the dudes in the band was in Halfmast and No Reason, which is cool. But I was also surprised to find out that there are two other records by this band for me to try to acquire, one from before this record and one after. It literally never ends.

No comments: