Thursday 23 June 2022

Rod Of Correction

Another Indecision Records release from a few years ago that I have only just picked up and got around to listening to, 'Lies' is the debut release of San Diego band Rod Of Correction. This was released in 2018 at a time when I had no idea or much interest in what Indecision was putting out, so I missed it. But it feels like probably a lot of other people did too, as there are still some of the green vinyl copies (100 made) available to order in the Indecision store. Crazy.

I figured I'd take a chance on this mainly based on the cover. But also because it has Colin Tappe on vocals. He runs a record store near to San Diego called Standards Records, and he released a couple of records a few years ago, one of which was a band that he was in called Crime Desire. I bought it and quite enjoyed it at the time.

I imagine that this is the kind of thing that people often refer to as 'crossover'. It's quite metal, although with these vocals I'm not exactly sure what kind of metal this would be. Not that it matters really. Hardcore, metal, thrash, crossover... this thing has riffs for days. Even though there are only 7 songs here that clock in at 16 minutes.

No comments: