Sunday 19 June 2022

No Plan

No Plan is a new band from Orange County that features Eva (vocalist from Power Alone). I picked this up from Indecision HQ a few weeks ago just before it was officially released, but I needed some time to play it before I posted it on here.

Unlike Eva's previous bands, No Plan play music that is more towards the melodic punk end of the scale. The band started during lockdown, with Eva and some other dude writing and eventually recording five songs that Indecision have pressed as a limited 12". There are 200 of these things made, all on dark grey vinyl.

I know that Eva is into a lot of older Bay Area punk bands, and the layout of this record definitely takes inspiration from some of the old Lookout! Records releases, especially the back cover:

So it turns out that other members have now been recruited so that No Plan can become a proper band. That said, all the members are actually in other bands anyway, so I'm not sure how much time they will be able to devote to No Plan. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway, this record is a real grower. Like so many records, I wasn't overly excited by it on the first couple of plays, but because it is pretty short I ended up playing it pretty regularly, to the point where I can now sing along with most of it... which is in my mind the measure of a good record. Hopefully things will carry on and we will get a full length at some point.

No comments: