Sunday 7 June 2020

P&T

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I picked up a couple of items from the Youngblood 50% off sale, and the second one is vaguely related to the first.

Police & Thieves was a band from DC formed after the demise of Worn Thin by singer Carlos and some other dude. They ended up having a similar run to Worn Thin, releasing two 7"s and a 12", and also a split 7" (with Remission). They split up circa 2011 or 2012. Like Worn Thin, each release showed good progression since the previous.

This is a test press for the 'Amor Y Guerra' 7" that Youngblood put out back in 2008. It comes in a red paper sleeve with a silver 'P&T' in the corner.

As you can see, I got number 21. Presumably this is 21 out of 24 copies made.

I almost got one of these from Carlos a few years ago, but in the end he sold it to my rival instead. So it's good to finally find another, albeit 6 or 7 years later.

So of course I decided to dig out my other copies of this one for a group photo:

Just like the Worn Thin 7", I am missing one version of this one, being the regular black vinyl copy. But, just like with the Worn Thin 7", I'm not to fussed. I'm happy with this little collection as it is.

2 comments:

Mike said...

This is great! Glad you finally got one!

geoff said...

your rival... hahaha. that got an honest laugh out of me.