Sunday 21 June 2020

To Die For 12" Version

Another Integrity record for the collection, and this one is another reissue of an older release. 'To Die For' was originally released on CD only on Deathwish Inc. back in 2003 on CD. At the time I was incredibly disappointed, as it was pretty much the first Integrity release to not get pressed to vinyl. It was then finally put out on vinyl by A389 Recordings in 2010, on 10" format and with alternate artwork. And then for some reason, last year another different label reissued it on the more popular 12" vinyl format, with different artwork again. Obviously I needed to pick it up for my Integrity collection, and of course there were multiple versions, all of which I needed for my shelf.

I actually picked these up last year when this was released, but failed time and time again to take photos that were remotely usable. Finally I have managed to capture these colours accurately.

There were 100 copies on mint green vinyl. It doesn't exactly suit the artwork, but it's a nice colour nonetheless.

There were also another 100 copies made on a messy yellow colour. Same as the mint, this colour isn't exactly suitable, but it looks nice.

The common colour was the red vinyl, out of 300 copies. This is by far the most appropriate colour, although for some reason I find it the most boring. I guess I'm a big fan of solid colours rather then clear.

So that was it for the options available. But of course, there was a test press. I managed to get one from Dwid, which came with the usual handmade sleeve.

I actually have no idea who's mug that is on the front cover. I probably should know, but I don't. The back cover is plain, but the labels on the flipside are stamped.

This is one of my favourite of these tests. Most don't say the name of the release, so it makes a nice change to have the title written on the front cover.

2 comments:

Willem RWHAF said...

I have it on that yellow vinyl, slightly disappointed the record hadn't got a gatefold sleeve as initially told during pre orders... This record is truly great, getting it on 12 inch made me play it more and realize the greatness.

Doug W said...

Ricky Kasso The Acid King. Google that shit.