Tuesday 2 June 2020

Crossed Keys

I somehow picked up on this newish band called Crossed Keys. They're from Philadelphia and feature a bunch of dudes who have been in a bunch of bands, most of which I have heard of, with the exception of the drummer's old bands (Kid Dynamite, Paint It Black, Good Riddance & Lifetime). I downloaded their latest EP and have been really enjoying it, and when I saw it for sale at a UK distro I figured I'd buy one, because it looks pretty damn cool.

'Saviors' is a 7 song EP, and is pressed as a one sided 12". I got one of the blue vinyl copies, which is actually the most common colour (out of 200 copies).

The flipside is a screen-printed affair, and is pretty tastefully done.

This band plays a melodic style of hardcore which is probably best described as catchy. That's about as far as I can go with that one. But there's a to to like here, and this one has been my 'go to' record these last couple of weeks when we have had incredible hot weather for a change. Definitely one of my records of this summer.

No comments: