Sunday 31 May 2020

High Vis

Today's post is a recent-ish release that I've been listening to quite a lot lately. And, as usual, I'm slightly later than the cool kids...

The band is called High Vis and this is their debut LP, 'No Sense No Feeling'. The singer of this band used to be in a hardcore band called Dirty Money, but aside from his voice, this new band sounds nothing like the old band at all.

This bright yellow cover and vinyl combo is the perfect choice for a band called High Vis.

I'm not good at descriptions, but this sounds kinda like a slightly more modern and aggro version of Joy Division. I'm not really a big fan of that kind of stuff, but I gave it a chance just out of wanting to listen to something a bit different, and (a bit like the Chubby & The Gang LP from a couple of months ago), I found that I enjoyed it and kept coming back to it. So I bought a copy for the shelf. Funny how the most recent interesting records out of the UK are a big throwback to 1980 huh?

There are only 300 copies of this in total, and there are still some available for anyone who is interested HERE.

No comments: