I bought some records from someone a few weeks ago and he was kind enough to throw in this 4 song 12" EP for free. This is a 12" on SST Records by Treacherous Jaywalkers, a band that I had never heard of before called.
The band were from Los Angeles and were active from 1984-1992. This is one of three releases that they had on SST - two 12" EPs and one full length. This record is titled 'Sunrise' and came out in 1987.
It definitely brings to mind other SST bands of the same era, and totally sounds like it would have been on a Santa Cruz skate video at the end of the 80s. At times the bass reminds me of fIREHOSE, other bits remind me of Descendents. It's good stuff and I'm grateful to have been gifted this else there's a chance that I would never had heard it.


No comments:
Post a Comment