Even though 2026 is almost two thirds done, I'm still chasing records for 2025 releases that I didn't manage to pick up in the year for various reasons. In my end of 2025 post on here, there were a total of 11 records that I was lacking vinyl copies of. I have managed to pick some of those up this year, although there are still four more to go. But here's the seventh one that I have managed to acquire, and it's one that I feel has flown way under the radar to this point.
The record is the self-titled, six song 12" by Mirrorless. I was immediately interested to hear this when I heard about it, as the band features people from some great 90s & 00s Louisville bands, most notably Chris Higdon who used to sing for Falling Forward, Elliott and Frontier(s).
I could have picked one of these up quite easily last year but decided against it as I didn't want this vinyl colour. But in the last twelve months or so I changed my mind. Even though I'm not really a fan of these splatttery colours, in the end it occurre to me that this colour is by far the best match to the coer art, and therefore for that reason I figured it would be the right choice.
Also, I like that the sleeve has some cut out bits, so part of the cover art is effectively bits of the inner sleeve which are exposed. The exact same style was used on the first Elliott LP and the first Elliott 7". I love these kind of things and noticing them, and wondering if anyone else has. Details for the nerds.
WHilst I don't think this is as good as Falling Forward or Elliott, it's still a good record, and I'm really glad to see Chris still making new music. Sonically this sits closer to some Falling Forward songs than anything by Elliott, as most of the songs are quite fast and hard and the vocal sounds close to screaming in places. Overall a great record and I really hope that this isn't just a one off.



No comments:
Post a Comment