This is the third post in a row in a mini series of old Epitaph Records releases that I have stumbled on in recent weeks.
I was running down an Epitaph discography that I found online, and I was particularly curious abuot earlier releases. Turns out that they didn't actually release too much in the 80s. Seems that they put out mainly Bad Religion and a few psychdelic records. But the one that stood out for me was the 'Head First' LP by Little Kings. It was the 9th release on Epitaph, put out in 1989, with the band being described as a garage punk band from Los Angeles, California. With a copy for sale in the UK for £5, I figured I'd give it a go.
I really like the photo on the back cover. It just screams 1980s, and helps to date the record perfectly.
I was going to say that this is not the usual kind of thing that I would listen to, but these days that's probably not true. But even though this is described as 'garage punk', it just sounds like kinda typical 80s rock n roll to me. Not bad at all. Just not something I would have guessed in a million yers was on Epitaph.


No comments:
Post a Comment