Monday 21 October 2024

Cornflower Blue

A couple of years ago I was stoked as hell to find a pink vinyl copy of the Fuel / Phleg Camp split 7". This record came out as the second release on Allied Records in 1990, and I'd had a black vinyl copy in my collection for probably 25+ years before I found out that colour vinyl copies existed at all. At the end of my post two years ago, I wrote 'I'll probably pick up additional colours of this one if the chance presents itself'. And here we are two years later, and I managed to unearth another copy. .

This one was listed as purple, although I'm not sure that I think this is technically purple. I asked Anna what colour she would call this, and she suggested 'Cornflower Blue', which I think is pretty much spot on.

Two years and two colours down, and I am hoping to eventually find more. There are at least 4 other colours to collect (red, white, blue and purple), but they aren't overly common. Hopefully when another reappears I will be able to grab it.

I love this record. Part of that is definitely nostalgia, but having listened to this again yesterday I'm convinced that the first Fuel song is not Fuel at all, but a secret Fugazi song. Yeah, that's right. Listen to it and tell me I'm wrong.

No comments: