Sunday 20 October 2024

Clear Rage

Three years ago I bought two copies of the Green Rage 7". I'd always liked the record but never bothered to pick up additional copies. But seeing a couple for sale for relatively cheap, I figured I'd waste my time and money on them. But this meant that there was another copy that I wanted to pick up to 'complete' the collection. And then a year or two ago I managed to pick up a copy of that missing version. The only con was that I got it shipped to Nico to hold until a suitable time. Well, that time came this year when he came over to the UK for Outbreak fest, at which point he sent me a parcel of 7"s.

This copy comes on clear vinyl and in a full colour, glossy sleeve. I have no idea which pressing this is nor how many were made.

This represents my 4th copy of this record, and unless a test press appears on the scene, I think I'm now done with this one. Technically there are three other versions that I could go after, but I'm happy to stop here.

I listened to this again today. I think that it was around this point in the year (October / November) that I first heard this record back in 1994. I got a green vinyl copy from a friend in a trade (or maybe I bought it?) and that is now thirty years ago. Crazy. And just like I said whe I last posted about this record in 2021, I always thought that this was the best vegan straight edge record. I think it's the mix of the chugging guitars and the raw sounding recording, but it sounds really vicious. It still sounds just as good today as it did back then, and I'd still pick this over Earth Crisis every damn time.

No comments: