Sunday 13 October 2024

Take Back The Night

I've been grabbing a few bargains recently on eBay. Well, maybe not 'bargains' exactly, but I've managed to buy things cheaper than they would usually sell for on discogs. This is a great example. 'Take Back The Night' is one of the later Dwarves albums, released in 2018. By my count, this is their 11th studio LP. I actually gave up on this band years ago, after the release of their 6th LP, 'Come Clean', in the year 2000. At that point I realised that they weren't quite the same band I fell in love with back in 1992 and decided to ignore them. But somehow they have carried on going and continued to churn out records, and even though I thought I wasn't overly interested, I saw this on eBay for relatively cheap and decided to buy it.

I have no idea on the pressing info for this record, but it doesn't feel that red vinyl is particularly rare. But I am pretty sure that this is a first press copy.

The biggest surprise about this record is that it's really, really good. I mean, obviously it's not on a par with 'Blood, Guts & Pussy' or 'Thank Heaven For Little Girls', but it is really good. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the guitars sound really strong on this, and some songs sound kinda hard. This has been a getting a lot of play the past week or two and now I'm more interested then ever in trying to track down more of the later Dwarves albums that I have ignored over the years.

No comments: