Monday 12 February 2024

Recipe For Hate

I recently saw a pic on instagram of a couple of coloured vinyl copies of Bad Religion's seventh album, 'Recipe For Hate'. Turns out that it was a 30th anniversary pressing. I originally bought the record back when it first came out in the Summer of 1993. At the time I was excited for a new Bad Religion LP, but it was an instant let down, so much so that I sold it at some point thinking I never needed to listen to it again. However, in my pop punk phase two years ago I gave it another chance, and I found myself enjoying it. So when I clapped eyes on this red with black smoke colour pressing, I figured it would be a good time to add this record back into my collection.

This 'red with black smoke' version is apparently an exclusive for european indie stores. It does seem like an appropriate colour to me, as it is a good match to the artwork... when held up to the light.

It's funny, because I really did think this was a half arsed effort back when it came out. But these days I like it a lot. It's a good singalong record, and although it's not quite as 'punk' as their earlier records, it does have some great moments. I'm glad to have it back in the collection 30 years after I sold it, but goddamn it makes me feel old as hell.

2 comments:

Nico said...

Still a great album, at the time it took a while for me to get into this record.

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Still a gap in my Bad Religion collection that needs to be filled soon.