Sunday 18 February 2024

Sliver III

Last year I finally got around to picking up a copy of the Nirvana 'Sliver' 7" after wanting one for years... and then it became an obsession and I ended up with 4 different copies. But that's just about scratching the surface of all of the different verions that are out there, so I knew that this one was going to roll on for a whike longer.

Anyway, I reached out to a friend to ask some questions about the record, and he replied with a link to a copy for sale at a good price that was for sale in Italy. I imagine that some people are still wary of ordering from Italy, but I decided to take the chance. Fortunately it paid off and this rad aqua blue version of the record turned up in the post.

This is a later pressing because (just like the other copies I have) it comes in a glossy, glued sleeve. The colour of the vinyl is super nice, being a clearish blue with some whisps of white and purple. It definitely goes well with the cover art.

There are way more colours of this 7" out there that I don't have, so this collection is likely to run on for quite some time. But what this has done is ignited a renewed interest in Sub Pop 7"s generally. I have a few Sub Pop releases in my collection, but have decided this year to try to pick up a bunch of the earlier 7"s that I was never interested in previously. Stay tuned for more small records with big holes in 2024.

1 comment:

Willem Termote said...

Great song, I know it from the Incesticide compilation LP. Together with Big Long Now my top two songs.